Thursday, April 3, 2014

Signs of Spring are finally appearing here in Nebraska! I'm on Crocus watch... they are up a few inches but not blooming yet. We're having that usual manic weather that has you in the 70's and dropping to the 30's in the same afternoon... crazy. Anyway the weather does influence what I'm designing in crochet, of course. With Spring in mind I am just finishing the new Watering Can Potholder I've designed for my potholder exchange I participate in each month.

All finished on side 1!
I've done side 2 in a simple stitch of SC/DC repeated in rows, then reversing the pattern on the next row. With my arthritic hands I'm having to crochet the two sides together in sessions doing a few stitches at a time - it's tough going for me for some reason. Oh well! I hope my recipient will be pleased.

I'm still working away at my big project, another wearable afghan convertible scarf/poncho thing that I haven't even thought of a name to describe yet! It's going to be cool, and I've never seen anything like it. It's done all in JoAnn Angel Hair yarn which has an amazing feel, in practically every color it comes in. The yarn has kept me busy finding JoAnn coupons to keep the cost down!! Yikes it's been a yarn eater. Hopefully it will all be worth it! Tell you what, it'll be a perfect project to eat up scrap yarn when I make the next one! The stitch is simple, the yarn's color patterns and the overall designs are the stars. Can't wait to show you when it's finished - hopefully another week or two!

Other than that, I've still been fighting a bad myasthenia flare the last couple of months, having frequent transfusions to get my muscle strength back. I'll get there eventually!

Happy crocheting everyone! I'm off to write an article about a new pattern for doggie boots to publish in SoCrafty this week.

No comments:

Inbox Dollars