Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Well, My World Blew Up Again...


which is why I haven't posted in awhile. I was diagnosed with Stage I Melanoma two weeks ago, and have been busy seeing doctors and having tests. Meanwhile, YES I have been crocheting, and it is saving my sanity as usual! Right now I'm designing a very happy project, a potholder and identical thread ornament done in the same pattern, just different size of thread/yarn. I think it will be fun, and I hope my exchange partner will enjoy it! I know my daughter will enjoy the one I'm making for her, as it is one of her favorite things.

I'm having surgery May 22 on my face. It's scary, but my wonderful plastic surgeon will be right there to do reconstruction and he promises me "back to normal." Without the offending birthmark which went bad and was removed, of course. So, that's that. Movin' on.

My little Ladybug Schnauzer, age 3, got very sick last week and we had to rush her to the vet with dehydration and tummy troubles... all from an ear and gum infection. She's getting her teeth done next week. The good news is, she's almost fully recovered minus a little weight loss - she's down to 9 pounds, about a couple pounds low for her. Mommy's working on getting her to regain that.

Ladybug Schnauzer
The other furkids, Scrappy and SueSue, are doing well. Scrap just had his dental done a couple weeks ago and is happy with his shiny teeth. Sue is going to go to the groomer for the first time next week. I've always groomed all my dogs but my husband is trying to convince me to take them in and save the work on myself. Hmm.

We celebrated my husband's birthday last weekend, here is a photo of all of us.

Left to right, my daughter's significant other Russell, my daughter Cari, Dad (back), me,
my son's fiance Janette, and my son John. 

I'm so happy that I was able to get out the other day on our first really nice day and do a little work on my gardens! There is so much to be done, but it's a start! I planted two little bushes, a Hydrangea and a Rhododendron, along with all of the tulip and hyacinth bulbs we enjoyed having bloom indoors this winter.

The Spring bulbs we started and bloomed indoors, now outdoors!

A work in progress... my front gardens and plants that I overwintered indoors. 
I've published a few new patterns, you can get the links to all of them here. There's a Stargazer Lily, done in Intarsia crochet; the Picket Fence Potholder done in Intarsia, a tutorial on Intarsia... check out the free patterns.

My recent articles with links to the above patterns in SoCrafty Magazine are here.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Spring and crocheting something amazing!

-Sheila


No comments:

Inbox Dollars