Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Feel Like An Expectant Crochet Mother!

 For some reason the doily design I'm working on is just intriguing the heck out of me! I'm just a short distance from finishing the design, and I feel almost like an expectant mother, waiting for my little project to be "born!"  It's been a whole lot of fun, this little but complex doily! It's called the Backward Rose Doily and it incorporates six of the roses from the pattern you can find here. I just can't wait for it to be finished! I'm a bit torn – I'd love to work on it again in the morning but there's a writing contest on Squidoo, which is a race – so that will probably have to come first. But tomorrow afternoon, watch out - it just may get finished! Here's a teensy preview... If you're guessing it's done in popcorns, you're right!



Nothing much else to tell today. It was a pretty quiet weekend, nothing too eventful to talk about. I did watch that show, I think it was called "Extreme Makeover Weight Loss," about a girl named Ashley who lost over half her body weight. It was quite inspiring, really. I don't normally watch a lot of reality shows, but it caught my attention. Probably because I'm eating a very strict diet right now, trying to watch my blood sugar and hopefully lose some more of my weight. I have regained just a few of the 70 pounds I lost but am working on that. I'm 28 pounds to my goal of 100 pounds.


No comments:

Inbox Dollars